Established in 2005, the founder of this company created marketplace stores and websites for selling niche auto parts online. The business developed into two divisions, one B2B and one B2C.
The website began to lose it's domain authority and search metrics because of technical issues. Over the course of many months the company lost most of its traffic and with it, sales. They engaged us to start an investigation and come up with an action plan. Then to implement it. We found content in the data that both the ecommerce system and excel could not handle.
1.The website lost about 15,000 article pages overnight. The article export file could not be read using excel. Most of the website traffic landed on missing article pages. Domain authority went from the 50s to the 20s.
2.There was no working backup of the lost data.
1.Automotive product data requires platforms that can handle vehicle fitments.
2.They have a unique format of data required to map product specifications and search filters.
3.Quickly diminishing cash flow.
4.Understanding the complex business processes and workflows to find a solution that could accommodate all requirements.
We carefully assessed all the requirements and combined it with information obtained via carefully constructed discovery questions to the client. Our strategy took shape. We created a roadmap detailing all the tasks that needed to be completed before the new website could go live.
We identified and tested the platform that met more requirements than any other. We split all the tasks between our whole team. All workers were responsible for their tasks, which matched their skill sets.
The automotive data was converted from text (within the content of the product description field on the old platforms product data export) into ACES complaint vehicle fitment data to comply with the platform's requirements. Using the google archive, we were able to data mine and restore 40% of all content programmatically. The rest would have to be done manually at a later date.
We used the sitemap to create a map of existing and missing content. After 3 months of hard work, 85% of all pages were restored. The solution was implemented successfully and our relationship moved from website migration to various types of marketing.
Since the website's SEO was on a collision course for non-existence by the time we stepped in, the fact that the website continued to have sales is something we take full credit for. Knowing it would take time for our actions to come to full fruition, plus the effort to push away all the competitors who moved up a slot when this business fell from its position, we suggested using Google Adwords and Google Shopping to rectify the cash flow problem. Over the course of 3 months we developed their Google ads and Google Shopping campaigns to have an average 400-800% ROAS.
Additionally, this business somehow operated a B2B division without using email marketing. We setup CRM, Auto-responders, Promotions, and Newsletters. We taught them best practices but when it came time for them to take it over, they chose to have us perform all email marketing for them.
After 8 months of hard work we were able to get to the same point of sales using both organic and PPC. 14 months later, the organic alone was double what it was before the disaster. The client recently sold the business to a young entrepreneur. Today, he lives on beachfront property in Puerto Rico.
1.Get sales to stop dropping and turn things around.
2.The client also wished to have an all-in-one platform, not some conglomeration of features from many third party apps, plugins, and integrations that would work well by themselves but never worked correctly together.